Anthony Leo, Treble Boost & Preamplifier For Your Guitar, Electronics Australia, February 1969 🇦🇺

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
pedalgrinder
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Ampeg SVT
Completed builds: pedals with pots switches and everything

Post by pedalgrinder »

Hello Fellow Pedalologist's,

Here today boys and girls we shall add some more treble into our lives from good old 1969. Nice and simple circuit but sometimes simple is good on the days you don't feel like being a rocket scientist. So here's a circuit from electronics australia to put that bit of sparkle in your guitar. Have fun
Treble Boost Preamplifier for your guitar EA 1969.jpg
Treble Boost Preamplifier for your guitar EA 1969 Page 2.jpg
[smilie=18_13_1.gif] [smilie=a_alien.gif] [smilie=a_bigteeth.gif] [smilie=a_listenuppunks.gif] [smilie=a_teeth.gif] [smilie=a_hrm.gif] [smilie=bowdown.gif] [smilie=gator.gif] [smilie=imslow.gif] [smilie=laughb.gif] [smilie=fly1.gif] [smilie=rallysmile.gif] [smilie=vibes.gif] [smilie=shocked.gif]
Treble Boost Preamplifier for your guitar EA 1969.pdf
(883.89 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
[smilie=rlp_smilie_242.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif]
What's the best thing about fat chicks and scooters? There both fun to ride around until your mates find out!

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

This is almost exactly the same circuit that I built - in 1969 - as my very first ever guitar effect! It got built inside the control cavity of my Burns guitar, and I replaced the original tone pot with one with a push/pull switch action to engage the booster! My Dad and I worked out the circuit we needed, and it was very similar to the circuit above. I used a BC109 and the bias resistors were somewhat different - I used current bias (1M5 from base to collector, 10k collector to +9V and a 5k pot in the emitter). The collector of the '109 was at about 5V, and it worked really well for such a simple circuit.

A friend of mine heard it in action, and asked if I could build one for him, which I did. It was built into a diecast box, powered from a 9V battery, and I got £4/15/6 for it! I saw it again in 1992, and it was still working well!
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"