snapeda Eagle errors!

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
BMS1971
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by BMS1971 »

Hello all,
just to let you know, if like me you use eagle for pcb design and download a lot of footprints from snapeda. I noticed , already 2 errors:
1 the 2N5172 transistor footprint is wrong: EBC instead of ECB (the probably copied a generic 2NXXXX footprint)
2 I tried a 3 colors LED footprint, but when I open it on eagle the pads overlap...
So double check everything before making a PCB...

Cheers
Benoit

Carlos_Snap
Information

Post by Carlos_Snap »

Hello Benoit,

I hope you are doing well! This is Carlos from SnapEDA, and thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Upon checking, the footprint for this part has been automatically linked to a different library via an algorithm. We have reported this to our team and will let you know as soon as we have an update.
About the second one, can you kindly provide us with the specific part number for the LED footprint? From there, our engineers will also investigate the library.

Thanks again!
Carlos

Carlos_Snap
Information

Post by Carlos_Snap »

Hello again,

Our Engineers have fixed the issue you found at 2N5172, and you can download this content again at the following link: https://www.snapeda.com/parts/2N5172/ON ... view-part/. This part was uploaded by our community so it was not up to our standards.

Please get back to us once you can provide more information about the second issue. We'd be happy to assist!

Have a great day,
Carlos from the SnapEDA team