Dragon King

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
CheapPedalCollector
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by CheapPedalCollector »

So with the release of the Lizard Queen, I decided to take it as a challenge and design my own octave fuzz in the same vein as something from the 70s, with minimal parts and following EHX design standards of the time. I decided to also go with the "Green" theme and used the Green Ringer circuit as a base for the design with some tweaks. I rather like how it turned out, and it does light octave to pretty gainy fuzz octave and it has a boat load of output too to drive your amp. I also added a "tweak" switch to change it between normal and current feedback biasing to change how it feels, again with the EHX single slider switch in mind.

I put readily available BC107B transistors in the circuit, but you could also put 2n5133 in it ala EHX without any part changes. Small Bear often has them in stock.

Also note you should match the Balance pot resistance to R7 for best results.

It took me all of about 3 hours bread boarding too. I hope others like it.

Cheers.
DragonKing.png
DragonKing.png (7.02 KiB) Viewed 793 times

CheapPedalCollector
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by CheapPedalCollector »

Anyone built one yet? Feedback would be cool. :)