Group Order of Way Huge Aqua Puss PCBs

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Figured I'd go ahead and get started collecting info now that there's a verified build. I'd still like to get another verified build before actually placing the order. In the meantime.....
Since there have been so many requests across so many pages in two different threads, to help consolidate the info, I've created an online form that just takes a second to fill out. Please visit this link:

http://digitaldestruct.com/WHAPPCB/use/ ... form1.html

It asks for the following:
-fso username (your username on this forum)
-your email address (to make payment arrangements)
-your mailing address (for shipping the boards when they come in)
-number of boards you want
-board color preference (options are blue, white, red, yellow, black, and the standard green)
-payment preference (Paypal is preferred. Please do not enter any specific information here like a credit card number!! Just how you would like to pay)

This will help me database all of the info and handle the order more efficiently. Same basic guidelines as the group MN3005 buy (since theehman stated it so well):

1) No money can be sent or will be accepted until I have the boards in hand.

2) Tentative price per board (with an order of 30 boards) is $8.88 each for the standard green. Upgrading to a color board (like blue) ups the price to $9.15 each. This is with a 10-business-day lead time for delivery to me. More than 30 boards = lower price. Shorter lead time = higher price.

3) The price does not include shipping to you. I'd prefer to ship them all through the US Postal Service and will provide shipping options (First Class, Priority Mail, etc.) when we're ready to go.

4) PayPal is the preferred payment method. If you need an alternative method please let me know on the form.

6) I'll make a "final call" post a few days before placing the order.

If you have any questions in the meantime, you can PM me or contact me directly at marcus@digitaldestruct.com

pandadandan
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by pandadandan »

USA only, I take it?
If you could include sunny Japan in your list of accepted destinations, I'd be hugely grateful. Extra payment to cover increased postage, of course!

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

pandadandan wrote:USA only, I take it?
If you could include sunny Japan in your list of accepted destinations, I'd be hugely grateful. Extra payment to cover increased postage, of course!
I hope not ?
We're a very International community here.. :D

The form is a nice touch and a good way to organise this.. well done.. :thumbsup
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

I sent a PM to panadandan, but so everyone knows, I'll ship internationally no problem (although I would definitely prefer Paypal for international shipments).

Also, for clarification, the big order of boards will be all the same color. I'm asking for board color preference to see what the majority vote is (which I imagine will be blue). Majority vote will win.....

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Don't know why I have so much trouble editing previous posts.....

Anyway, interesting results so far on color preference:

dap9
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by dap9 »

Awesome! I'm just a little nervous about filling out that form w/ all that info. But I'm sure as I see more people here do it, I'll feel better.

But I think I'll be getting 2 PCBs and I have no preference for color. Well, Blue would be pretty cool :lol:, but it really doesn't matter.

pandadandan
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by pandadandan »

dap9 wrote:Awesome! I'm just a little nervous about filling out that form w/ all that info. But I'm sure as I see more people here do it, I'll feel better.

But I think I'll be getting 2 PCBs and I have no preference for color. Well, Blue would be pretty cool :lol:, but it really doesn't matter.
Judging by the color chart, at least 9 people had already ordered (and specified a color preference) by the time the chart was uploaded. I placed my order after that chart was put up, so there's an extra one for you. I don't think everyone will post on this thread once they've done it, so I'd just go ahead and bite the bullet.

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

dap9 wrote:Awesome! I'm just a little nervous about filling out that form w/ all that info. But I'm sure as I see more people here do it, I'll feel better.
The data is stored in a SQL server... while it's not a secure server (e.g. https://, like Paypal), it is protected. I'll need your name and address info to get you your boards. Submitting your info through the form is virtually the same as sending me a PM or an email.... just easier for me to keep track of..... I've received about 20 requests so far. I'm also storing the data locally (to my computer) and clearing the info out of the server daily (or at least every other day) just to be safe.

If you just can't bring yourself to do it, then send me an email with all of the requested info.

dap9
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by dap9 »

abfackeln wrote:
The data is stored in a SQL server... while it's not a secure server (e.g. https://, like Paypal), it is protected. I'll need your name and address info to get you your boards. Submitting your info through the form is virtually the same as sending me a PM or an email.... just easier for me to keep track of..... I've received about 20 requests so far. I'm also storing the data locally (to my computer) and clearing the info out of the server daily (or at least every other day) just to be safe.

If you just can't bring yourself to do it, then send me an email with all of the requested info.
Thanks man. I'll do it. Probably later tonight. I appreciate the effort!

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Update - we're up to 48 boards for the big order, which has brought the price down to $7.39 ea. (without shipping). I'll probably go ahead and order a couple of extras just to be safe.
I'll be placing the order early next week, so if you want one, let me know a.s.a.p. (by filling out the form or PM'ing me). If I get enough requests after the initial order, I'll make a second order.
I also updated the chart in the previous post - looks like the boards will be blue......

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

oops!
disregard.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Just made the big order of pcb's :applause:

I received requests for 68 boards total (more than double what I was expecting). I also ordered a couple of extras just in case.

With that qty, the price per board came down to $4.57 each (without shipping). Delivery time is quoted as 10 business days (to get to me). I made a couple of adjustments to the board for this order:
- rotated Q1 180 degrees (corrected from prototype)
- fixed the trace on VR1 (corrected from prototype)
- shrank the board (just a little), and having it pre-cut to better fit the 1590BB/NS type enclosure. It will still be a tight fit, but hopefully better than the prototype boards were.

I'll be emailing everyone once the boards come in to make payment arrangements. If there are enough requests, I can make a second order (they may cost more depending on the number of requests).

....and of course, due to overwhelming majority vote, the boards will be blue.

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

That is great news. I'd like to grab one of those extra boards if they are not spoken for already!

madbean

Dan N
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Dan N »

madbean wrote: I'd like to grab one of those extra boards if they are not spoken for already!
Me too. I just submitted the form again for another single board. So, two boards total please? Thanks!
Dick joke has expired.

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Dan N wrote:
madbean wrote: I'd like to grab one of those extra boards if they are not spoken for already!
Me too. I just submitted the form again for another single board. So, two boards total please? Thanks!
Got both of you down....

gtrgeek1
Information

Post by gtrgeek1 »

Hope I'm not too late. I put in an order for 2 but I'll be happy with one. If you're all out I'm in for a few if you make another order. Thanks.

puppiesonacid
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by puppiesonacid »

same for me, definetly want 3-4 at that price if its still an option. definetly would want one if thats the only possibility.

thanks,

disorder
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by disorder »

I'll take another at that price! Have an extra?

Cheese Bag
Information

Post by Cheese Bag »

I would be interested in 1 mabye 2 if it's not to late. :applause:

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

I'd also like an extra if possible please... :thumbsup
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.