Report Forum Problems and Make Forum Wishes Here...

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Cub wrote: 20 May 2020, 05:53 Then in "Stompbox Builder's FAQs & How To's" with all its subforums, something odd is going on. I can't do anything there? Can't thank, can't post a reply, can't start a new thread, can't report a post.
This section was setup as a read-only forum to store post containing practically information, hence this setup. But I am reconsidering moving these somewhere else. The forum structure has grown to elaborate and I'm trying to condense things a bit.
Cub wrote: 20 May 2020, 05:53 Also, I noticed a lot of the most recent posts in these subforums are from quite a while ago. Were some threads accidentally deleted with all the upgrades and updates?
Nothing was lost, rest assured, I think there was just little activity in this section... also unsticked a bunch of irrelevant stickes etc...

EDITING PRIVLIGES: I am really facing problem restoring the edit priviliges for normal members... in fact everything is set correctly so that posted can be edited, but it my simulations, this is still not the fact. If anybody see the little edit icon, please let me know...
EDIT - DELETE - REPORT - QUOTE
EDIT - DELETE - REPORT - QUOTE
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 09.22.01.png (5.51 KiB) Viewed 28399 times
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

rockola
Information

Post by rockola »

modman wrote: 20 May 2020, 07:21 EDITING PRIVLIGES: I am really facing problem restoring the edit priviliges for normal members... in fact everything is set correctly so that posted can be edited, but it my simulations, this is still not the fact. If anybody see the little edit icon, please let me know...
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 09.22.01.png
I can see it just fine on my last two posts, didn't check further back.

Cub
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Cub »

That explains a lot, again. Thank you very much for all that you're doing to keep this place running! I really appreciate it.
I love this forum and learn so much, every time I read anything here.
I wish I were a chestnut tree, nourished by the sun.
With twigs and leaves and branches and conkers by the ton.

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

The Edit button appears for me (in Pimp My Cheap Pedal).

Edit - And the Delete button for a short time.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

deltafred wrote: 20 May 2020, 09:54 The Edit button appears for me (in Pimp My Cheap Pedal).
Edit - And the Delete button for a short time.
And that's exactly how I set it... for now: you can always edit your own messages and even delete it completely, but only within the first ten minutes.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

x-tn
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by x-tn »

"The selected attachment does not exist anymore." Is this normal?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11954

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

x-tn wrote: 21 May 2020, 14:18 "The selected attachment does not exist anymore." Is this normal?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11954
I saw that one too... what's happening here: the preview file is still available, but the actual attachment file is not on the server. We did lose a bunch of attachments with our second move in the summer of 2011... Wherever I see something like this and have the files on my disk, I restore the pictures. In this case I don't, and the user hasn't been online for quite some time..

But don't stop reporting your finds... much appreciated.

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

Is it possible to get the " latest post " preview back ? when you hovered your cursor over the latest post icon you could see the first line or two of the post
not many forums have this, but I find it handy thanks

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

okgb wrote: 22 May 2020, 15:18 Is it possible to get the " latest post " preview back ? when you hovered your cursor over the latest post icon you could see the first line or two of the post
not many forums have this, but I find it handy thanks
Hey, good point, I was like feeling the same. We do have this extention activated - Topic Preview
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... picpreview
But what you are talking about is a nice little extension that we had running on phpbb 3.0.11, but no longer seems supported in later versions
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... st/support

The open source nature of the forum has its advantages and disadvantages - extentions are developped by volunteer programmers. Some of them catch on, some don't and die. But creating an extention give the programmer access to a community of users through phpbb suport forums, so there are way for him to monetize his work. But it's always a long shot...

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

Uh oh, I've noticed that one-click-ban disappeared somewhere.
My blood lacks adminium, I'm melting...

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

plush wrote: 25 May 2020, 07:21 Uh oh, I've noticed that one-click-ban disappeared somewhere.
Oh yeah that's true, this was an extension in the earlier version: one click ban.
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2134457

But there may be an alternative: Ban Hammer -- sounds even better.

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

modman wrote: 25 May 2020, 09:18
plush wrote: 25 May 2020, 07:21 Uh oh, I've noticed that one-click-ban disappeared somewhere.
Oh yeah that's true, this was an extension in the earlier version: one click ban.
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2134457

But there may be an alternative: Ban Hammer -- sounds even better.
Oh, okay. Just wanted to clean some spam. :o

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

We're running on PHP 7.4 now.
Please let us know if you notice anything amiss.
Thank you!

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

Thanks for the edit ability, I'll clean up any of my unhelpful post as I see them.

aion
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by aion »

Not loving the new font... any way you could make a new "FSB Classic" theme that puts things back the way they were? I don't mind the broader graphic tweaks from the forum upgrade, it's just the font change from a few days ago that's throwing me for a loop.

I first tried switching back to the default uncustomized silver theme, but it's not full width so it feels out of place too.

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

Yep, new font is a little bit d'uh...

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

For anyone wanting the traditional phpBB look:

User Control Panel > Board preferences > My board style > choose "prosilver" (the default phpBB style)

I'd probably could build a style from the version that used your system fonts. But it'll be the stepchild.

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

Built a new style called "vintage" for nostalgics out there and renamed the current one to "modern".
Keep in mind that "vintage" will not see any changes/improvements/whatever.

LATER EDIT: to put things in perspective - we have now
  • 4 members using the "prosilver" style (the old phpBB default style)
  • 61354 users using the "modern" style (the former "prosilver-fsb", will be the one getting fixes/updates/improvements)
  • 2 members (aionios and plush) using the "vintage" style (frozen old version of the "prosilver-fsb" style)
I'll watch the usage over time to see what changes.

Cub
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Cub »

Getting better all the time!

Not much of a problem to report, but perhaps an accidental tic in the wrong box: the completed builds from the member's profile is listed beside every post.
Perhaps this was always the case and I never noticed until I saw a lot of "air" below this post.
viewtopic.php?p=280747#p280747
I wish I were a chestnut tree, nourished by the sun.
With twigs and leaves and branches and conkers by the ton.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Cub wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 06:07 Getting better all the time!

Not much of a problem to report, but perhaps an accidental tic in the wrong box: the completed builds from the member's profile is listed beside every post.
Perhaps this was always the case and I never noticed until I saw a lot of "air" below this post.
viewtopic.php?p=280747#p280747
yes, this is an issue... it really takes up too much space. I have the impression, this was organized differently with the previous version of the forum software... I seem to remember the 'completed builds' got automatically truncated. These long lists just did not show in full on the posts...