Acoustic 360 Fuzz

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
tommymariotti
Information

Post by tommymariotti »

I'm trying to rebuild the fuzz section of this amp. It is normal for this circuit to reverse the phase?
Attachments
8CD5E488-614B-4DA0-9C07-8CF3523006FF.jpg

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

tommymariotti wrote:I'm trying to rebuild the fuzz section of this amp. It is normal for this circuit to reverse the phase?
Based on this schematic, you can see that clean section is reversed compared to both original signal and clipped one

http://moosapotamus.net/images/360Fuzz-v4-sch.jpg
Attachments
360Fuzz-v4-sch.jpg

tommymariotti
Information

Post by tommymariotti »

plush wrote:
tommymariotti wrote:I'm trying to rebuild the fuzz section of this amp. It is normal for this circuit to reverse the phase?
Based on this schematic, you can see that clean section is reversed compared to both original signal and clipped one

[ Image ]
I used the original acoustic 360 schematic to build my version not the moosapotamus version. I also used a classic tl072 buffer in and buffer out with blend pot like darkglass b3k design to control the clean and clipped signal.

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

tommymariotti wrote:
plush wrote:

[ Image ]
I used the original acoustic 360 schematic to build my version not the moosapotamus version. I also used a classic tl072 buffer in and buffer out with blend pot like darkglass b3k design to control the clean and clipped signal.
Link please.

tommymariotti
Information

Post by tommymariotti »

I solved the problem changing the blend control design. I used a differential amp as blend using inverting section for fuzz and non inverting section for the clean signal.

tommymariotti
Information

Post by tommymariotti »

Somebody knows which HFE is used for the 2n1306 in the original amp? I'd like to replicate that sound.