RIP SPeter....Peter Davidoff

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

borislavgajic wrote:I feel that way too....thanks for idea.....if it is possible to honour him like that....would be great .....
I agree.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

that sums up my feelings too...
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

great idea. its in the works.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

RnFR wrote:great idea. its in the works.
:hug: :thumbsup

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

You will always be in our hearts SPeter, we all sorely miss you mate........
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

DeanM
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall VM 2466

Post by DeanM »

RnFR wrote:great idea. its in the works.
Cool! Thanks for hearing my suggestion! And glad the others liked the idea too!

RIP SPeter!

EDIT: Just saw...."Davidoff Library". Nice one! it's a great tribute. :thumbsup

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by RnFR »

it really was an excellent idea, and a great way to prolong the legacy of SPeter. it has also been pointed out that it really seems like when he gave us this massive wealth of information, that he posted it all for the express reason that he would soon be leaving us. almost entrusting it to us. I think it's the least we could do. a way to try and preserve all of it for future use is also on the table.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

RnFR wrote:it really was an excellent idea, and a great way to prolong the legacy of SPeter. it has also been pointed out that it really seems like when he gave us this massive wealth of information, that he posted it all for the express reason that he would soon be leaving us. almost entrusting it to us. I think it's the least we could do. a way to try and preserve all of it for future use is also on the table.

I totally agree with you on that RnFR.... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

+1 :thumbsup
Nice tribute and a good way to preserve his name as a reference.
Share is the key.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

Duckman wrote:+1 :thumbsup
Nice tribute and a good way to preserve his name as a reference.
Share is the key.

Sharing is one of the most noblest acts one human being can perform, and I'm very big on sharing.... :thumbsup

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

one thing that's sad, I think, is that many of the links he posted are not longer available. Maybe it's possible for the members that downloaded the books to upload them as attachments or upload them somewhere else where they won't be deleted so quickly.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

Seiche wrote:one thing that's sad, I think, is that many of the links he posted are not longer available. Maybe it's possible for the members that downloaded the books to upload them as attachments or upload them somewhere else where they won't be deleted so quickly.

That's a fantastic idea, there are some books he posted links to which I wanted to download but couldn't because the links were broken, maybe if we do this, we do it in the same spirit he himself did as a mark of respect and a way to show our appreciation.... :hmmm:

jstbrowsin
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by jstbrowsin »

Just read the news :shock:

My condolences to his family and friends.

Peace be with you Sir Peter

BTW the library is awesome brilliant tribute to the man :thumbsup

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by RnFR »

Seiche wrote:one thing that's sad, I think, is that many of the links he posted are not longer available. Maybe it's possible for the members that downloaded the books to upload them as attachments or upload them somewhere else where they won't be deleted so quickly.
us mods have been talking about this as well. we would definitely like to build it back up, so if anyone out there has any of the missing texts, please feel free to upload them. I have a feeling there aren't nearly as many left as when he started this project. a more permanent option would be great, but many of the texts are copyrighted, so it's hard to get around that.

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

Ok. Anyone who runs into a dead link, announce it and so who have downloaded it on time, can share it

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

I've talked with Peter few times, he explained me many things. We had a great chat about input caps in some of the builds I had in mind. They're on my website. He was very kind and always happy to help. SPeter was a core of FSB, I'll miss him a lot

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

freebookspot.co is dead, but partly rehosted to .es

We simply cannot take this content aboard as attachments - the attachment db is already immense and needs a lot of maintenance. This is difficult because of the encryption. And it's copyrighted most of the time...
So please if you download something - put a notice in the thread, so when it goes offline people know who to contact.

As far as rehosting goes, there are several options among freehosters, but none of them will host it permanently:
for instance: megaupload.com
The basic service is available for free and allows users to upload files of up to 2 GB.
Free users cannot download files larger than 1 GB, however.
Free registered users are offered 200 GB of total file storage. µ
Premium users have unlimited file storage. After a successful file upload, the user is given a unique URL which allows others to download the file.

Any file uploaded anonymously will expire if there are no downloads for at least 21 days.
For free registered accounts, the file expiration period is 90 days.
Premium accounts have no expiration period as long as the user remains a premium member.[2]

Non-registered users have to wait 45 seconds in the download queue and a certain amount of time between transfers after a certain number of megabytes had been downloaded.
µRegistered users have to wait 25 seconds in the download queue.
who is megaupload?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20087 ... acy-fight/
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

quarara
Information
Completed builds: microamp, ts808, big muff, small clone, tremulus lune, ross phaser, ad3208, foxx tone machine, a/da flanger, crackle not okay, ocd.

Post by quarara »

What about using Dropbox or something like that?

RIP Peter.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

ballfire
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by ballfire »

condolence to the family..lets pray for him