Foxx Tone Machine / Octavia hybrid?

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
digitalzombie
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by digitalzombie »

Hi all. Hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm wondering if anyone has tried building a hybrid of an Octavia with the octave section of the circuit taken from a FTM. I've been looking for a good versatile octave fuzz. I have a Devi Ever Godzilla that's going up on Ebay soon because it's just TOO crazy. Didn't like the sound of the Joyo Ultimate Octave (even after the mod presented on this forum), and from what I understand the Joyo is based on the GGG FTM as well. What I like about demos I've seen for the GGG FTM is the octave is very present, whereas with the Octavia it's pretty specific to how you're playing in the traditional Octave Fuzz way. I'm looking to produce big nasty power chords with the octave, and it sounds like that might not be as present as I'd like with the design of the Octavia, but I love what I'm hearing from its basic fuzz section.

So yeah, do you think it's possible and relatively easy given their circuit designs to give an Octavia the FTM's octave section to make it more present, or am I totally misjudging how octave fuzz pedals work?