POLL: What is your preferred PCB design software?

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...

What is your preferred PCB design software.

DIYLC
13%
Eagle
31%
Express PCB
6%
Diptrace
10%
PCB123
No votes
Vero-Route
2%
Other (Explain)
38%

Total votes: 52

GratefulEight
Information

Post by GratefulEight »

Any of you lovely folks using Sprint care to convert a few (2-4ish) ".lay" files to something...usable for me? Nothing against your preferred program, it just doesn't appear to use a file format that will play nice with any of what I have available (Eagle, KiCad, DIYLC) for opening the files/generating Gerbers/etc. Not to mention I'm on a mac, so...

Yazoo55
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Yazoo55 »

I use Kicad because it is free and there are no limits on the size of the board you can create. You do have to create your own footprints for some components but this isn’t difficult once you get past the initial learning curve.

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

GratefulEight wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 07:49 Any of you lovely folks using Sprint care to convert a few (2-4ish) ".lay" files to something...usable for me? Nothing against your preferred program, it just doesn't appear to use a file format that will play nice with any of what I have available (Eagle, KiCad, DIYLC) for opening the files/generating Gerbers/etc. Not to mention I'm on a mac, so...
Hi
If you email me: baja002steve@gmail.com the Sprint .lay files, i will convert them to gerber and drill data files that should load into any other program that allows gerber import and drill data features
cheers
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings

GratefulEight
Information

Post by GratefulEight »

Thanks bajaman!