Greg Fryer Brian May Treble Booster Stripboard

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
insonicbloom
Information

Post by insonicbloom »

another link to a (as always) verified stripboard of what has to be my favorite treble booster to date
although it is very Brian May it has alot of potential to sit in a lot of mixes and band situations - I'm sure someone has youtubed the original - this sounds exactly the same as the original

http://www.paulinthelab.com/2013/03/gre ... oster.html

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

this is not clear to me: did you trace the circuit by yourself (having the real pedal in front of you), or you are getting all the info from this other thread?

if you have the real pedal, maybe you can help in confirming the values of the 2 10pf caps (supposed values in the other thread)

thanks!

insonicbloom
Information

Post by insonicbloom »

yes - they weren't very clear I desoldered them and measured. I'm a bit annoyed - I did a search for the schematic for this so I didn't have to bother tracing it. found sod all - then the moment I post this it pulls it up as a "similar post to this"
so I'm sorry if it looks like I'm stealing his work and saying it's my own but I didn't, I traced it myself/risked wrecking it by desoldering parts from it and I didn't need to.

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

well, at least now we all are very sure about this treble booster
...no more secrets around, after this double tracing! 8)

insonicbloom
Information

Post by insonicbloom »

Intripped wrote:well, at least now we all are very sure about this treble booster
...no more secrets around, after this double tracing! 8)
definitely - I am trying to get enough money to get all 3 boosters, though I suspect that they will be exactly the same apart from a few cap/resistor values

mojah63
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by mojah63 »