Ordering single sided PCB on line

Frequently asked question on the subject of designing, creating, producing printed boards, veroboards or perfboads and on point-to-point construction techniques.
casey73
Information

Post by casey73 »

I'd like to order some simple, single layer PBCs via one of the on-line PCB services. I've looked around and haven't found any that make a simple single sided board. The ones I've found have a minimum of 2 layers. Anyone aware of anyone who produces old fashioned single layer PCBs?

Ice-9
Degoop Doctor
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)

Post by Ice-9 »

Anyone who makes 2 layer boards should automatically make a single layer board if you send the file/gerbers of a single layer board. You may have to select a 2 layer board in their system but you will get board you require.

The people I usually use are PCBcart and they list single layer on the website, other people like OSHpark for small orders will work by selecting 2 layer. I doubt any price difference will be available if you can find a single layer service.
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Wuerth in Germany does em.

And they cost more than double sided. While single sided does not offer any added value over double sided while double sided, even if everything is routed on a single layer, offeres considerable value over single sided.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

cdeschenes
Information

Post by cdeschenes »

casey73 wrote:I'd like to order some simple, single layer PBCs via one of the on-line PCB services. I've looked around and haven't found any that make a simple single sided board. The ones I've found have a minimum of 2 layers. Anyone aware of anyone who produces old fashioned single layer PCBs?
Why not take this opportunity to learn how to etch for yourself. Its really not that hard at all and you might even have most of the needed tools at home already. I have a tutorial on how I etch my PCBs if you like to check it out.
http://music.codydeschenes.com/?page_id=1388

Cody

dmgfx
Information

Post by dmgfx »

All Electronics and Electronics Goldmine has single sided copper pcbs All sizes.

newly
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by newly »

where is your geography location?