555 Signal Generator

General rules and hints to succesfuly bring back that old pedal to life
Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: 5150lll

Post by Belanger88 »

It outputs a 1k fixed frequency with either sine, triangle, square wave and integrator with a output level trimmer/pot adjustable from 0 to 100mVRms and requires a 9v supply

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

287m
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by 287m »

velleman mk105?

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Belanger88 »

287m wrote:velleman mk105?

Hahaha good eye, ya I was at Sayal in Toronto trying to find the most affordable/easy signal generator as I was starting to get tired of having to strum my guitar.

I’m going to attempt doing my first layout and posting it in here, hopefully it’s a tool that will come in handy for other people as well. Especially those of us who are not lucky enough to have an electronics shop in they’re city
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

287m
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by 287m »

hehe, just remember because used to sell this in perf + dip switch and plastic box for some guy
combo with headphone, K4102 iirc

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Belanger88 »

287m wrote:hehe, just remember because used to sell this in perf + dip switch and plastic box for some guy
combo with headphone, K4102 iirc
It works A LOT better then any of the signal generator projects I've tried up too now! Not perfect but what sine wave is.

The only thing is I had to swap out some of the capacitors on mine for %1 tolerance instead of the %20 they supply with the kit.

ive been side tracked for the past several day's but I do still plan on loading my attempt at a vero layout lol

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Belanger88 »

I've tried resizing it but for some reason it won't work. I figure for $10 CND its a great little tool that I'm surprised more people do not use them

marcao_cfh
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by marcao_cfh »

Belanger88 wrote:I was starting to get tired of having to strum my guitar.
Here's what I'm using (layout needs to be resized):
ImageImageImageImage
Connect a notebook speaker to "spk+" and "spk-" and a resistor lead to "amp_in". Connect a guitar cable to "injetor out" and "gnd" and plug this cable into effect input. There you go, portable audio probe.

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Belanger88 »

That’s very well laid out, I love seeing what other people come up with and I’ve really started appreciating test gear a lot more in these past few months. That’s a really great project, I want to do something for their Signal injector/tracer kit as it looks really useful was well

If you have talked to me a few months ago I definitely would have been completely ignorant towards
marcao_cfh wrote:
Belanger88 wrote:I was starting to get tired of having to strum my guitar.
Here's what I'm using (layout needs to be resized):
[ Image ][ Image ][ Image ][ Image ]
Connect a notebook speaker to "spk+" and "spk-" and a resistor lead to "amp_in". Connect a guitar cable to "injetor out" and "gnd" and plug this cable into effect input. There you go, portable audio probe.