Making Harmonic Percolator/Jerkulator Volume More Useable

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
Jcdenton825
Information

Post by Jcdenton825 »

Hey everyone!

I just finished up a Harmonic Jerkulator build, from Escobedo's wonderful schematic. I really like the sound of this pedal, but that volume control is near useless (you can just as easily change the volume on your guitar/synth for the same effect). Does anyone have any ideas on making the volume control on this pedal a little more like a traditional volume control? I suspect it will also help tame some of the crazy loudness on this thing.

Any thoughts are welcome!

vot
Information

Post by vot »

Jcdenton825 wrote:Hey everyone!

I just finished up a Harmonic Jerkulator build, from Escobedo's wonderful schematic. I really like the sound of this pedal, but that volume control is near useless (you can just as easily change the volume on your guitar/synth for the same effect). Does anyone have any ideas on making the volume control on this pedal a little more like a traditional volume control? I suspect it will also help tame some of the crazy loudness on this thing.

Any thoughts are welcome!

[ Image ]
Attachments
HJ_mod.gif
HJ_mod.gif (6.95 KiB) Viewed 2370 times

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

The original version has the germanium clipping diodes on the output that limit the maximum volume drastically. I can imagine without the diodes it would be much louder.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran