Stompboxes and Pedals

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
Mellotron Man
Information
my favorite amplifier: Hartke KM-50, for my Mellotron!
Completed builds: None - so far, despite having a huge amount of components. I've just started building 3 (yes, three) Reverb units that use a PT2399! 3? Yes - one for my Mellotron a 2 for musician friends of mine in Stafford, England. One is a self-trained guitarist and the other is a keyboard whizz!

Post by Mellotron Man »

Before I divulge some possible useful information, I have to get something off my chest!
I define a "Stompbox" as a sound effect unit that is actuated solely by a footswitch, even if it is under a pedal of any size and/or shape.
A "Pedal" is a foot control that actuates a pot(entiometer), e.g. a wah-wah or swell.
Anyway, after years of searching, I've found a source of 'empty' foot-pedal units. They have ALL the mechanics/parts, except for the pot. Check out... https://www.aliexpress.com/i/617876989.html I bought 6 of them in November last year and they are substantial beasts! They're made from Die-Cast Aluminium and use a Rack & Pinion mechanism to actuate the pot. After paying for shipping (to Scotland), then paying over £15 import duty, they worked out at about £21 each, which was less than I anticipated. The price quoted at the time of writing is $17 (and they've got nearly 900 of them) - I bought them when they were $23! They also do a discount if you buy 10 or more of them. I can recommend them.
Hope this helps.
I don't have anything to say, so I won't say it!

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

Hi

Daier makes very shitty "pedals", which break very fast, since they are made from shitty alloy with lots of imperfections and inner cavities.
They are ok for diy stuff/personal use, but not for serious projects and/or selling.