Radial Switchbone JX2 troubleshoot help

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
Matlevo12
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Matlevo12 »

Hi every one,

A friend of mine gave me a faulty Radial switchbone jx2 (the v1, which looks like this https://www.radialeng.com/product/switchbone-aby).
Does anyone have some experience with those ?

Here's what I did so far :
I don't have a schem (and couldn't ffind anything online) so I just traced a bit and tried replacing some components since I had some in stock. I know, it's not very professional... but I'm not a professional :)
The voltage regulator (LM340T12) wasn't working, I replaced it and the pedal lit up (there was kind of a weird light burnt plastic smell that came out but it stopped right away...) the sound and switching system works but there's a strong irregular crackling noise on both outputs and also the level is higher on each output when I turn on both outputs.
I traced the signal from the input and the noise begins just after it meets the first JFET (2N4393, to21 package). I replaced it but it didn't change anything.
Just after that the signal goes in a 2N5087, I tried changing this one too but still no improvement.

There really is a ton of components in there, including a series of optocouplers (NSL32-SR3) and a small transformer. I don't have a picture right now but I could post one later.

Anyway, if someone has a clue or an idea, I'm all ears !

Bengy22
Information

Post by Bengy22 »

I have the same pedal and mine is bleeding over to other amp on one setting and when boost is off the signal disappears and the led doesn’t switch off at all willing to liase to try and help spokenwith radial for a schematic and they say they can’t give them out