DD7 only bypassing after mod

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
musimaker
Information

Post by musimaker »

Hello and thank you in advance to those who could help me.

My project consists in transforming all my guitar pedals into a eurorack type rack, to use them with my synths. Basically, I change the 6.5 jacks to 3.5, the footswitches to hand switches, and I reassemble them in a rack. This has worked very well for my first 4 pedals.

I have a problem with my Boss DD7. I changed the "out" jacks quite easily, but the "in" jacks are more complex. After a few tries, it worked momentarily, then... nothing. I tried to go back to the initial configuration, but it didn't work.

Here is the situation:

- The signal passes, but without effect, whatever the setting of knobs. Like a bypass. Whichever "in" or "out" jack I use (I tested all combinations).
- The LED doesn't work anymore (I suspect it's burnt out: brown spot at the base, and it doesn't light up even when I connect it directly to a battery).
- The footswitch has no effect.

Do you think I may have a chance to save it ? :-[