Mini EVH  [documentation]

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
witztronics
Information

Post by witztronics »

I used my own layout. Same schematic with the exception of the tone control. I used one I’ve used many times before.
70AC7C62-92C4-4DCF-9BC8-2E3A04C7648D.jpeg

bmxguitarsbmx
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by bmxguitarsbmx »

Too much gain between your passive/active tone control and the unnecessary, in your implementation, U3B. The FMV tonestack is relatively efficient, but drops a lot more signal than your tone control does even in cut mode.

Dylan did request that troubleshooting be done elsewhere. Especially in light that you are not using his schematic, it would be great if we could move this to keep the thread clean.

dylan159
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Chempion!
Completed builds: Oh boy...

Post by dylan159 »

Personally, I'm fine with discussing personal mods: we have to keep the discussion going somehow if that's our goal. Your observations above are mostly right, and R23 is an unnecessary vestige from the tube screamer. I can't tell if the issues you're having are due to the modifications or the build or else though.
Personal blog/archive: https://bentfishbowl.wixsite.com/electronics
Find me at https://discord.gg/bMuhX4TkZM Audio Electronics discord server.

witztronics
Information

Post by witztronics »

Thanks! So U3b is only to make up for the loss in the FMV tonestack? Are you referring to R23 in the mini EVH schematic?