DOD FX20B Stereo Phaser-Not so Stereo

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
acidblue
Information

Post by acidblue »

Hi there, just acquired FX20B Stereo Phaser, but it doesn't sound very stereo to me, all the swooshing only comes from the left channel, the right channel seems to be just the dry signal.
Is this normal for this pedal or is there something wrong?
Shouldn't the swooshing effect be across both channels?

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

According to the schematic, you should get the same signal from both output jacks. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16761&p=186126#p186126

acidblue
Information

Post by acidblue »

Yes, I noticed that myself, but was curious to see if any one had the same experience with their FX20B.
Looks like I'm gonna have to pop it open and check the PCB/Connectors. I have some Deoxit and was planning out cleaning the pots anyway.
Which leads to my nest question, is there anything specific I should be looking for?

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

If you're getting wet + dry signals on one jack, and just dry on the other jack, the fault has to be right at the input of the op amp that's driving it. There are different op amps driving each jack, but both share the same wet and dry signal inputs. The jack is OK since you're getting dry signal on it.