Prob with avalon U5

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
gaetan
Information

Post by gaetan »

hello thank you for the addition, I have a problem with my avalon U5, there
is an R83 resistor which burned when connecting it this morning, I do not
know what the value is I can send a photo too, because I do not know not if
my request is send to the right place. thanks for your help gaetanImage
I am also looking for the values ​​of R84 and R67,
is the circuit available thank you
Attachments
avalon r83.jpg

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

According to the pictures in this thread, both R83 and R84 are 10 ohm, 1% tolerance (brown-black-black-gold-brown). viewtopic.php?t=3273&start=20
In your picture, R67 is ambiguous, it could be 1.5k (brown-green-black-brown-brown) or 15k (brown-green-black-red-brown), both 1% tolerance.

If R83 burned, you should look for the reason before you replace it, or it will happen again.

gaetan
Information

Post by gaetan »

hello thank you for the info, it is bizard because I had nothing to connect to the avalon, I had just connected only the 120V, and the resistor burned, however I had used it a few days before without problem knowing you , what is the function of this section, thank you and merry christmas ;)

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

I don't have a schematic for this. But according to the other thread that I linked, other users have found bad capacitors in the power section. The high-power resistors nearby like R80, and the 2200 uF capacitors in the photo suggest this is a power section. If it is, and if a filter capacitor has failed and shorted to ground, that could easily burn a 10 ohm 1/4 watt resistor.