Boss BF-2 Flanger never worked.

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
StSpider
Information

Post by StSpider »

So I've had this old green sticker BF-2 that never worked. I was from a guy who passed, wife sold his pedals and I bought it. It was cheap and felt bad about complaining so I kept it for about a decade at this point.

The issue is: the pedal definitely suffered some water damage. You can see the rust in the board and inside the pedal. It was probably partially submerged for a while.

The pedal turns on and sound passes through, but there is no effect to be heard. You can maybe hear a tiny bit of modulation going on at max settings but that's about it. I know the pedal wants 12 v and I powered it accordingly.

I've cleaned the insides as best as I could but nothing has changed. I've also tried to tweak the tripots extensively for quite a while to no avail.

I'd like some tips to fix it or who could do the job for me. I'm in Europe (Italy to be exact) so close by is prefered, since it's not such a coveted, valuable pedal.

If more photos are in need I'll gladly provide them.

Thank you!