BFY83

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
Fredreaky
Information

Post by Fredreaky »

Hi all,

I have the option to pick these up but I can find very little on these online. Has anyone ever used them in their builds? Like in. A Rat to replace the IM308?

Thanks all

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

You could probably use them in a Gallien-Krueger 250ML inspired overdrive pedal.

That amp uses dual npn's as clippers in the preamp and they don't need to be hfe matched as far as I know.

I pulled a few Sony C1963 & A884 ic the other day off an old video board that I got at a scrap place.

The 250ML was what thought of when I figured out what they were and that they aren't matched close enough for a Superfuzz IMHO.

Hopefully the BFY83's you can get are matched close enough for for something like that. Or maybe high enough hfe for a California Bosstone.

The A884's are PNP the C1963's are NPN in case anybody finds one in the wild.
"Just because the forgoing circuits have produced results there is no reason experimenting won't lead to added results." L. E. Darling, in his article containing the earliest published vacuum tube synthesizer circuit, Popular Science Jan 1920