Barcus-Berry 1350-1 Piano Pre-Amp & Harp/Soundboard split pickups

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

Well, stomping on this won't be very effective but I have played a guitar through it and I'm sure somebody wants to see the guts and schematic so here goes.
20220613_102407.jpg
20220613_102357.jpg
20220613_102413.jpg
Last edited by cspar on 14 Jun 2022, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
"There is discussion, brainstorming, disagreement, testing, verified layout and schematic. We are the fucking stompbox university -- only for those who still read though..." - Modman

cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

bb1350-1.png
"There is discussion, brainstorming, disagreement, testing, verified layout and schematic. We are the fucking stompbox university -- only for those who still read though..." - Modman

cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

The preamp came to me with the pickups in a box and kind of smothered in the puddy that was used to attach them.
20220613_144935.jpg
I haven't been able to find any documentation on Barcus-Berry piano pickups before they started making the 4000's that they sell now.

I was told that they work and were once Michael McDonald's by the person I got them from.

No disrespect but it just equipment to me.

I haven't tried the pickups out and it's all been tucked away. I just got an organ and decided to pull out the box and take a deeper look even though they aren't really related.

I suppose the pickups are pretty much plug/play/adjust but if anybody is familiar with them or has a spec sheet, insight is always good.

karul
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by karul »

Some info. I think it's readable enough.

https://reverb.com/item/2911861-barcus- ... no-pre-amp
Attachments
man.jpg

karul
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by karul »

• Safely and easily attaches to either side of the soundboard without tools – or holes to drill!
• For grand pianos/pianos, it works better with it open a little, but it still works with it either open or closed.
https://bb.jam-usa-central.com/product/ ... ve-system/

From the manual for BB 4000
https://bb.jam-usa-central.com/wp-conte ... nual-1.pdf
Attachments
mount.webp

cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

Just what I was looking for, thanks Karul.

I changed the subject title to include the pickups. Hopefully that will make it more search friendly if someone is looking for info on them.