Quality Switches

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
spacecommandant
Information

Post by spacecommandant »

I'm looking for recommendations for quality SPDT toggle switches. I have a few Taiway on hand... opinions?
Also wondering about opinions on good quality 4PDT stomp switches, preferably with a soft click but not totally necessary.
Thanks

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

I've never had a failure with a Taiway toggle switch. And I've not yet had a 4PDT foot switch that worked well, all the ones I've used I've had to take apart, clean and re-lube to get them to work consistently, even when new. For 3PDT foot switches, DeMont, Gorva and Alpha have good longevity (number of cycle ratings), in that order, and all have a soft-click available.

spacecommandant
Information

Post by spacecommandant »

mauman wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 01:25 I've never had a failure with a Taiway toggle switch. And I've not yet had a 4PDT foot switch that worked well, all the ones I've used I've had to take apart, clean and re-lube to get them to work consistently, even when new. For 3PDT foot switches, DeMont, Gorva and Alpha have good longevity (number of cycle ratings), in that order, and all have a soft-click available.
That's good to know. I've only recently found out about Gorva.
Thanks

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

I've used Mountain brand switches from Mouser and they've been very good and not too expensive. NKK also makes very good switches. I've used Taiway switches too, and they seem fine, no issues when building.

Honeywell is the brand to get if you want to spend $80 on a switch. LOL
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran