Visual Sounds Liquid Chorus V2 schematic?

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
dmc777
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dmc777 »

Has anyone ever seen a schematic of this circuit? Maybe heard what it’s based off of? I do believe RG Keene either designed or atleast had part in the design. I Just got one and there’s a few areas I’d like to look into.

I can also upload some gut shots but Its been a minute since I’ve uploaded and don’t know what safe anymore lol.

CheapPedalCollector
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by CheapPedalCollector »

I don't think it changed at all from V1 except the enclosure and layout, or if it did it wasn't very much.

dmc777
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dmc777 »

Is there a V1 schematic? It’s a great lush and Suprisingly quiet chorus. Very versatile with the rate, width, delay and depth knobs. Option of stereo or wet/dry outs as well.

However I would like to have some control of the tone and level.

dmc777
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dmc777 »

For anyone interested… I’ve reached out to both truetone and RG Keen to see if I could get a copy of the schematic as well as service notes.

Heard back from Mr Keene within a few hours but unfortunately he wasn’t legally allowed to share the schematic with me since truetone or visual sound own the rights. Completely understandable. I commend him for reaching out so quickly.

Guess I’ll wait for truetone. If no reply I’ll take her apart and upload some good shots for you gurus. It’s a great sounding chorus though I do wish it had a blend or level knob.

dmc777
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dmc777 »

Anyone interested in gut shots of the liquid chorus 2? Willing to trace and see what’s it’s all about? Supposively stereo though I don’t know if one of the outs is just out of phase with the other. Sounds great in stereo though. Really great.