good cheap soldering station?

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
oczad
Information

Post by oczad »

Had a old hakko for 20 years and loved it. A 936. Then i got a ***D which i still have and hate more then i did when it was new. I see there are clones and all out there now and i recall looking for a new 936 before i got the 888 and i recall the Aoyue brand getting a lot of good reviews as a 936 clone. But that was a while ago and there are a lot more junk clones and no name brands out there. So are there any good cheap stations being made now that have a knob for temp, heat up real quick and are reliable and long lasting? Someone elsewhere recommended the Aoyue 937+. If i must forgo the knob i will but i gotta have quick heat up and longevity on a well working iron. That and tips that aren't stupid expensive, proprietary, hard to find, etc. What ya got?

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

I've been using a Weller WE1010 for 3 years, not fancy at all but a good compromise between cost and effectiveness. Digital temperature control, good temperature stability, auto shutoff if you want it, quick to heat, a good variety of tips (Weller ET series) for around $4 USD each. Even gets hot enough to work with that *&^% lead-free solder. I broke my handle after about a year by regularly banging it on edge of the workbench to flick off excess melted solder, that was a bad habit. Once I quit that and replaced the handle, no trouble.

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

Quick 202D.
90w, induction heated, cheap tips, minimal drift.
Heats 0 to 350 in seconds.
Reputable and trustworthy brand.
Been using it for 4 years without any issues. Best bang for the buck.

mozz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by mozz »

You've posted this to 3 different forums, didn't you get a answer yet?