3-coil MM Stingray pickup wiring

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
TimMikhailouski
Information

Post by TimMikhailouski »

Hello!

I've got a 5 string Stingray Piezo and now trying to replace its onboard preamp (want to swap it with Darkglass Tone Capsule - as for me, it works with more sweet frequencies). I don't need piezo and actually don't like how it sounds, so I just cut it off.
Since SR5 pickup has dummy coil, its wiring varies from traditional humbucker and proprietary ErnieBall switch with 15 pins is used in SR5s.

Just wondering if anyone has schematic of wiring such pickup with ability to switch coil order (parallel - series - single with dummy coil) or any 'datasheet' of 15-contact 3-way ErnieBall switch.

howmuch
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by howmuch »

There's nothing special about the lever switch, it's just a standard 4P3T (16 terminals ?).
Could you post some good photos of the underside of the pickup showing where the wires connect to each coil?
We can take it from there.
R.I.P. Burke Shelley, from one of my favourite (and much underrated) bands - Budgie
Their songs have been covered by Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Soundgarden, Metallica and more.
If you don't know how HEAVY this band was in the 70s, check Breadfan out.