Wolfgang 61 footswitch wiring  [SOLVED]

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
FreewayRoss
Information

Post by FreewayRoss »

Hey guys,

I don’t really understand how to wire the two switches especially the order switch and how it needs to be wired. Would anyone be so kind and help me out with basic a schematic? The ones I found in the internet where always with three switches and today I’m just too stupid to understand anything and I want to get this build done.

(I think me going from output of the switch to the output jack is also just wrong)

Build documents for the Wolfgang 61: https://pcbguitarmania.com/wp-content/u ... Docs-1.pdf

My status quo (also don’t hate me I don’t have any longer wires right now xD)

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

Welcome to the forum!

This is a pretty complex build, congratulations for taking it on. Your blue wires from the Bypass switch mini-PCB "in" and "out" holes to the in and out jacks are correct. On that mini board, the other wiring to the PCB looks correct as well (FX in = In, LED = Ctrl, Gnd = Gnd, FX out = Out.)

Here is the usual 3PDT stomp switch numbering scheme.
3PDT lug numbering
3PDT lug numbering
Wiring 3PDT lug numbers.png (19.75 KiB) Viewed 393 times
First, note that the flat parts of the lugs should be oriented horizontally. In your photo, the Order switch should be rotated 90 degrees before you solder it. It's hard for me to see, but if your Bypass switch is the same, you'll need to unsolder the mini PCB board from the Bypass switch, rotate the switch 90 degrees (in either direction), and resolder the mini PCB board to the switch.

Second, the numbers on the main PCB just above the Order switch are the same as the switch lug numbers, 1 through 9. PCB hole 1 goes to switch lug 1, hole 2 to lug 2, etc.

Let us know how it goes!

FreewayRoss
Information

Post by FreewayRoss »

Hey, thanks a lot channel switching is working now. I had to resolder the 3dpt pcb as you mentioned but I don’t get no sound... just a lite hizz when it’s on and in bypass you can barely hear the guitar when’s it’s plugged in to low or high input. Did I fry the 3dpt board?

FreewayRoss
Information

Post by FreewayRoss »

FreewayRoss wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 14:30 Hey, thanks a lot channel switching is working now. I had to resolder the 3dpt pcb as you mentioned but I don’t get no sound... just a lite hizz when it’s on and in bypass you can barely hear the guitar when’s it’s plugged in to low or high input. Did I fry the 3dpt board?
I wired the switch now without pcb. Bypass working now but still no sound from either fx channel just some static noise. I need help 😅

Edit: Didn’t saw it was closed I will make new thread