Dead Mooer preamp live.....

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
jamminpete
Information
my favorite amplifier: JCM 800

Post by jamminpete »

Hi

My Mooer Preamp is dead. It was working fine until yesterday. It powers on but just flashes all the lights after booting up and no sound. Any ideas?
I already did a factory reset.
Anyone have schematics?

Thanks

PeteSignal
Information

Post by PeteSignal »

No schematics on this one. I have made a 2 part youtube video on a repair of one of these:

I also have another one on my bench with the same exact issue as yours right now.
I will make a youtube video of the repair when I am done.

hanrik10
Information

Post by hanrik10 »

Hi, can i ask how to do a factory default reset for a Mooer Preamp Live? the 12 preamp are all distorted as I bought a second hand of the Live.
Also, many of the preamp sounds very wierd, sometimes loud and gone weak and low sound, is it because of the power charger?

jamminpete
Information

Post by jamminpete »

hanrik10 wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 16:32 Hi, can i ask how to do a factory default reset for a Mooer Preamp Live? the 12 preamp are all distorted as I bought a second hand of the Live.
Also, many of the preamp sounds very wierd, sometimes loud and gone weak and low sound, is it because of the power charger?

I reset mine through the software. You can restore to factory settings through the software. But that did not fix anything for me.

hanrik10
Information

Post by hanrik10 »

Thanks for your speedy response. I installed mobile software on an ipad and android phone, both can't connect to the Live, I think the bluetooth in Live is faulty. Android phone detect Preamp Live but clicking the pairing, it says the connection request ........ (I think not answer). Do you know where to answer this request.
My company laptop does not allow me to open or unzip the Windows software, I would need to bring a ordinary Windows laptop on Monday to try.

Any comment?

hanrik10
Information

Post by hanrik10 »

Also, I press Option - device in mobile app, it display other bluetooth devices but not LIVE. How to do a rest with the software? I don't see any reset button inside Mobile app.

jamminpete
Information

Post by jamminpete »

hanrik10 wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 02:55 Also, I press Option - device in mobile app, it display other bluetooth devices but not LIVE. How to do a rest with the software? I don't see any reset button inside Mobile app.
I used a PC to reset it. I have not tried to reset via mobile app

hanrik10
Information

Post by hanrik10 »

Please kindly tell me how to reset with a Windows software for Preamp Live.

hanrik10
Information

Post by hanrik10 »

I found the factory reset button in Windows software, but it says it will erase all default setting, so will it also ERASE the defaults inside the software which now I can see the different settings of the 12 preamp channels.
I need to reset the Preamp Live only, so it will restare the channel settings from the software. The reason I bought this used Live is for the 12 preamp channels sound. Should I still go ahead with the factory reset button???
Please help!

Annata23
Information

Post by Annata23 »

hanrik10 wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 16:32 Hi, can i ask how to do a factory default reset for a Mooer Preamp Live? the 12 preamp are all distorted as I bought a second hand of the Live.
Also, many of the preamp sounds very wierd, sometimes loud and gone weak and low sound, connections is it because of the power charger?
My sound is also unstable, I still haven't solved it