EH Small Stone

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
espinete
Information

Post by espinete »

Hi all !
The pedal has no effect when engaged. It also has a big volume drop.
There was a shortcut due the bad shape of the "Color" switch. I cut the common leads and the ones at the down position and put together.

One of the transistors was dead, I put a bc239 (same pinout as the bc309's.)

I guess I can use ca3094's instead of eh1048 wich are completely impossible to find. Now there are five ic sockets for the op amps.

The ca3094 near the pot area measures 0.70v @ pin 6 with the potentiometer at maximum.
The rest of the op amps measurements at pin 6 :
Ca3094 5.42v
Ca3094 5.42v
Eh1048 3.23v
Eh1048 3.23v

I saw a 10uF e.capacit but there is a printed text saying 33uF in that component, so I changed it to 33uF.

I also changed the first resistor of the power supply 43R to 47R to be more relaxed😅

The ca3094 ota chips are very expensive. I was thinking about to buy some chinese copies for my proves believing they have the same pinout but I'm not sure.

I installed a new b100k (Lin) pot. I guess 3 (In) and 2 (wipper) pins are together.
I'm using this issue j schematic :

https://electronicservicemanuals.com/pr ... -schematic

Any help will be welcome and appreciated

Lani
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Bassman 5f6a
Completed builds: .....ummmm yeah. Too many to list.....

Post by Lani »

I would be cautious if buying these chips from China. I know it's tempting considering the prices but if it to good to be true it prob is.... If you had the ambition one could make a ca3094 copy by using a LM13700, a couple BJT's and a few passives. Check out the datasheets and the schematic for the CA3094 is right in there. I've been wanting to do this but keep putting it off as I have many many projects going at once at the moment.