BOSS - DC-2 Dimension C clone group order?

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.

DC-2 clone group buy, anyone interested?

yes, whatever it takes, gotta' do it!
36%
yeah, but only if there are enough interested to bring price down significantly
23%
not really interested
23%
definitely not
18%

Total votes: 22

puppiesonacid
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by puppiesonacid »

I am so jazzed about the smoothness of transacting a group buy with the Aqua Puss clone, I was wondering if there would be any interest in having abfackeln host a dc-2 clone group buy!!! I would really love to get one of these going!!! Jfromel, before you chime in with your version of the boards, I wouldn't mind one of those either but if we could raise enough orders and get the boards close to the under 5$ price that we experienced with the aqua puss clones, it would be great for all of us.

puppiesonacid

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

just buy the Behringer CC300 :wink:
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Yeah, it was a good project. I'd be happy to "host" another pcb project/purchase.

I had one of those Dimension C's and hated it, but whatever you guys want, I'll do it.

I'm actually working on completing the Ibanez AD-80 board layout, but it's pretty similar to the DM-2/Aqua Puss, so I guess I'm wasting my time. I also just started working on the schematic and pcb version for the EH DMM from this thread:

https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=493

I'm open to anything....

lohstah
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by lohstah »

well, which layout were you thinking of ?
the one that andre did uses all the original components, which will be hard to find (those sip opamps for instance).
the one from topopiccione has noise issues (i found out the hard way cause i built one).
jfromel´s layout is really big (unless he shares the smaller one with us that he uses for his line of dc-2 clones that were called "lush" and now go by the name "seraph").

cheers,
lohstah

puppiesonacid
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by puppiesonacid »

well...if fromel would be up for it, it would be cool to use his ( but I doubt he will)

idk... just thought it would be nice to have a dc-2 high quality build.

jfromel
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by jfromel »

I might be up for it. The seraph boards are almost sold out and I am changing the design a bit for the next run. I do have DIY boards for sale that are a DC-2 on Steroids. They fit into a 1590DD. I can also supply the chipsets since I have these in stock anyhow for my Seraph builds. The build that fits into a 1590BB is what I would call extremely advanced. Seriously the Aqua Puss is a walk in the park compared to this one, which is why I made the DIY board much larger.

A direct clone of the DC-2 on the original layout would be near impossible to source the original in line op-amps and they sound like garbage anyhow. Also this would not be a cheap build. I would guess that sourcing an individual build on this would be close to $100. You also need a scope and sig gen to tune this up properly.

Here are the stats for the build above: 183 on board components and 477 solder pads.

I still have about 35 of the DIY boards left and I can make a parts kit for the build as well.

BTW this was the first pedal/PCB I designed, everything else seems like a walk in the park now.

abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by abfackeln »

Yikes - that's pretty intimidating... :shock:

It looks like jfromel has this one pretty much under control.....

lohstah
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by lohstah »

how bout some big board from lovetone like the flange with no name or wobulator ?
the flange with no name would need some final demystifying, but if everybody works together, we can do it.

cheers,
lohstah

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

the dc-2 isn't really something i would like to do. seems rather to timid, and there are reissues already. i'd be more interested in some strange vintage thing like say the maestro fuzz phazzer in a gcb95 box? i'll think a bit more about some other suggestions.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

Lani
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Bassman 5f6a
Completed builds: .....ummmm yeah. Too many to list.....

Post by Lani »

W(ho)TF is this guy ^^^? I've seen it in a number of threads now.

How about a SD-320 clone? I've been trying to layout a board for it but the smallest i can get it is in a 1590xx. That's with 1206 R's and box film C's. I'm sure I can get it smaller if I do a stacked control board/signal board but haven't had the time.

Just looked at the date of this thread 😂... Whoops. Damn spammers!!